For the health of our clients and training team,
please read our COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Also, please click HERE to read our July 14th Client Update which outlines the services
that we are offering our clients during this time.
PROACTIVE PERSONAL TRAINING & FITNESS
NEW COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
(Click HERE to Download as a PDF)
The Safety and well-being of our clients, training team, and all of our neighbors, families, and friends in the communities we serve has always been our top priority. Never has the duty to provide our clients with a clean, safe facility been clearer than it is now. That is why we are making several changes to many of our procedures to employ stringent cleaning and safety practices to support the health and wellness of our training team and clients.
Two of our professional associations, IHRSA and IDEA have developed a set of guidelines and recommendations for all fitness centers and studios to follow to help control the spread of the virus and to keep all our clients as healthy as possible. As we are a training studio and not a standard “gym”, adhering to the State guidelines will be a much easier task for us and we ask for your patience and understanding as we all get into a rhythm with our “new normal”.
As we reopen the ProActive studio doors, we have implemented the following practices and protocols to prevent bringing Covid-19 into the studio. Please familiarize yourself with our new policies as we will be asking for your cooperation and adherence in order to keep our clients and training team safe, healthy and virus free.
Here is what we will be doing:
- Initially we will be offering 1:1 Personal Training sessions by appointment only. Each trainer will be sectioned off in what we are calling, “training pods”. We will not be sharing equipment during sessions and all equipment will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized in between sessions. We will have hand sanitizer, spray cleaner, sanitizing wipes and tissues at each individual training pod.
- Cardio equipment initially will not be available for use after personal training sessions and we are asking you to limit the use of cardio machines to a maximum of 5 minutes prior to your training session. If need be, your trainer will take you through a mobility/warm up prior to starting your training session. We are asking for you to arrive as close to the start time of your appointment as possible to limit your contact with other clients.
- Some of our cardio machines will be moved to alternate locations in the studio to allow for a minimum of 6 feet of space between each piece of equipment. The rowing machines circulate a great deal of “wind” when in use so they will be pulled off of the floor during phase 1 of our reopening process.
- Session length will be shortened by 5 minutes to allow for proper cleaning and sanitizing of equipment at the end of each session. Half hour sessions will run for 25 minutes and hour session will run for 55 minutes.
- To start, we will not be offering back to back sessions as we will need time to get accustomed to the new protocols. We will be leaving a 15-minute gap between all personal training sessions in order to assist with the flow of clients in and out of the studio and to give us ample time for cleaning and sanitizing in between clients.
- Trainers will wear face masks during training sessions and will limit direct contact with you as much as possible. As we have been directed by the State and County to maintain a minimum of 6 feet between people at all times, we will ask you to pick up and put down equipment and we will be using verbal cueing methods whenever possible or demonstrating exercises without touching the equipment you are using during your session. Trainers will “sign in” on your behalf at each training session and confirm your next scheduled session rather than handing you a pen to do so.
- Bathrooms as well as high contact areas of the studio including the entrance/exit door handles and handrails on the stairs to the loft will be cleaned hourly.
- We have removed all lotion and room spray containers from our bathrooms to minimize contact. If you want to use any of these products while at the studio, for the time being, you will have to bring your own.
- The studio including all bathrooms and most surface areas will be cleaned a minimum of twice a day, once during our lunch break closure and again at the end of the day when we close for the night.
- Initially our showers will not be available for use. As soon as we are permitted to open the showers back up, we will let you know.
- Whenever possible, depending upon the ambient temperature, windows and the front door will be open to allow for maximum air flow. Floor fans will not be in use initially, however the HVAC system will be turned on as needed.
Here is what we are asking you, our clients to do:
- Monitor your health. If you feel sick, run down, have a temperature, fever, cough or shortness of breath or have been in direct contact with anyone that shows any signs of illness, we ask that you stay away from the studio.
- If you have traveled by air, train, or any form of transit other than your own vehicle with members of your household within the State, out of the State or internationally within the last 14 days, you will be asked to stay away from the studio.
- All clients will be required to wear a face covering as they enter/exit the studio or when they are moving through the corridors. Clients will not be required to wear face covering while training as we can control and maintain physical distancing during the training session. Clients with medical or other conditions that prevent them from wearing a face covering may wear a non-restrictive alternative such as a face shield with a drape on the bottom edge.
- All clients will be required to complete our daily health check questionnaire at the start of each training session and to have their temperature taken by their trainer with our touchless forehead thermometer prior to beginning their training session.
- All clients will be required to wash their hands immediately upon entering the studio and we suggest that you also wash your hands again before you leave the studio.
- Please consider social distancing guidelines in bottleneck areas of the studio and allow a minimum of 6 feet of distance between other clients as you enter and exit the studio. If you would like to have a short chat with any of your fellow ProActive friends, please wear your face covering and stand 6 feet apart and away from any of the clients that are participating in a training session.
- Please do not congregate or socialize in the lobby, cardio area, or hallways. If you would like to socialize either pre or post training, feel free to do so outdoors in the parking lot.
- Clients may enter the studio through our main front door. Depending upon which training pod you are assigned to, your trainer may suggest that you exit via our front door or via the security door located on the far side of the studio through the Yoga/Zen/Surfset area past Suzanne’s office.
- Clients will be asked to sign a new liability waiver including several clauses related to Covid-19 when you return for your first visit to the studio.
- Our filtered water cooler will not be available, nor will we be able to offer cups or containers for water so please bring your own personal bottle filled with water to drink during your sessions.
Personal responsibility will be huge, and we appreciate your support and patience as we navigate our new normal. The team and I are fully aware that these changes in procedures pose a significant challenge to both you, our clients and the studio as a whole however, we hope that by implementing and adhering to these policies, we will be able to curb the risk factors and then be able to loosen the guidelines sooner than later. We understand that people have differing views on wearing face coverings. As a business, we are required to comply with the Governor's public health mandate. Please help us do our part to limit the spread of COVID–19 by wearing a face covering at the studio.
The team and I are looking forward to seeing all of you again. We do not as yet have an indicator as to when we will be able to offer Group X or Free Zone use of the studio. My hope is that we will be able to bring in these two services a few weeks after reopening but we will have to wait and see how things unfold.
Thank you again for your support and patience. ProActive Personal Training & Fitness really does have THE BEST clients!
We will get through this together. In the meantime, stay healthy, stay fit and stay safe.
President/CEO ProActive Personal Training & Fitness